CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Is it important for christians to go to church?

I believe it is very important for Christians to go to church.
A wise person once said, "If  you only surround yourself with people that agree with you and that you like, how will you be challenged as a Christian? Church is where you go to rub shoulders with people you don't like and learn to work out your differences in a GODLY manner."
Psalm 27 : 4 - 6 says:
4.  One thing I have desired of the Lord,
     That I will seek:
     That I may dwell in the house of the
        Lord.
     All the days of my life,
     To behold the beauty of the Lord,
     And to inquire in His temple.
5.  For in time of trouble
     He shall hide me in His pavilion;
     In the secret place of His tabernacle
     He shall hide me;
     He shall set me high upon a rock.

6.  And now my head shall be lifted
        up above my enemies all
        around me;
     Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy
        in His tabernacle;
     I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to
        the Lord.

What this verse says to me is that we are to DESIRE to be in the house of the Lord EVERY day. We should be sharing and getting valuable Christian feedback from the other Christians there. Verse five says that in rough times we can HIDE there. This does not mean set up your camping gear in the basement of the church. It simply means that we can take solace in the friends that God has placed there for us.

I have posted here some more verses that I have really enjoyed reading about counsel and praising and correcting (YIKES) each other as Christians. Feel free to read them or not....that is between you and GOD.  If He wants you to read them, you will. If not, then I pray He will give you something even better suited to you on this glorious day. If He does give you a different word, please post a comment on what it was. I would love to hear what He is doing in all your lives!

Psalm 55 : 12 - 14.....I LOVE this verse. I pray that I can take Christian criticism with grace!

Psalm 84 : 1 - 4......(Side Note: The ENTIRE Amish culture revolves around their church and religion. Do   we do the same?)

Psalm 92 : 12 - 15.....(Funny Interpretation:  Verse 13 & 14 say that if you are rooted in the house of the
Lord, you will look younger.....verse 14 says "They shall be fresh
and flourishing". Did you know that going to church can make you
 look younger? Stop by right now for the low introductory price of
10% of everything you make! Time is going fast, judgment is coming
soon and this offer won't last forever! Get yours now!)

Matthew 5 : 14 - 16.....

14.  "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.
15.  Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.
16.  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

I believe that Jesus is talking first to the individual in verse 14 and then to the church as a whole in the second part of verse 14.
It is like he is saying it this way:  You, the individual, are the light of the world. But imagine a cities-worth of you standing on a hill. As a single light, someone may miss you standing there, but as a group you cannot be hidden. The group, I believe, is the church.
I understand that Jesus is using this as a metaphor here.

I will also admit that I am wrong if no one agrees with me on this and remove it from my post.

In closing, I, personally, believe that church is VERY important to us, as Christians. It is very important to ME, as a Christian.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my post.
In HIM I breathe and move and have my being!!
Becky

3 comments:

  1. It is important for christians to come together, but church as we know it today is vastly different from the early church. It is imperative to find a church where there are not too many predators and where the word of God is preached. They should also be very scrupulous with membership in that everyone is welcome to attend, but only people who have displayed the fruit of the spirit and have demonstrated sincerity in their christian life outside of church should become members and be able to have leadership or ministerial roles in the church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for posting this blog...very true! Will be watching for more blogs...chas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Becky! Very good. If everyone looked at Jesus instead of themselves, they would truly desire to be with others of the same. Thanks for sharing these words with everyone. What about
    Hebrews 10:23-25 KJV
    23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised ;) 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

    ReplyDelete